Monday, April 26, 2010

Fat Loss Workouts








You're a f**king beast!!! I've been using a lot of the stuff on your blog and its crazy. I can see if people do it like a bitch they get nothing out of it but i been doing the tabata and its nuts. Only question is should i do it before a workout or after a workout or as the main workout that day and how many times a week? -Tom Caputo

TC,

I am glad to hear that you are using my training methods and getting good results. For those of you have not checked out the tabata method, please check it out before you read this. TC, here are my answers to your questions.

When should you use the tabata method?

  • You can use it at the end of a workout as a finisher. 1-3 rounds is plenty. I love to end every workout with a finisher.

  • You can use it as a totally separate workout. Perform 2-4 rounds for a total of 10-20 minutes.

How many times a week?

It really depends on your goals.

  • If you’re looking to cut body fat I would recommend strength training with compound movements 3 days per week and add in 3-4 conditioning workouts. Be careful not to do too much conditioning because it will limit your strength gains.

  • If your goal is to gain muscle mass, I would recommend maybe 1 conditioning workout a week. While gaining muscle mass you should be focused on taking in a ton of calories to produce muscle growth. 1 day a week won't kill you though and it will help you stay in decent shape.


I will close this post out with 3 of my favorite conditioning drills.









Joe Meglio

Performance Enhancement Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment